Saturday 8 December 2007

What's With 'Influence & Attention' in Blogging?

On the subject of Blogging for Influence & Attention. Think about it for a moment... WHY do you blog?

There are obvious reasons. Like blogging for money. Or blogging for authority. Or blogging for learning, and sharing things you've learned.

Money. Power. Wisdom.

And then there are deeper reasons.

To me, blogging is intimately tied up with my work for kids born with congenital heart disease. By blogging, I've raised awareness and funds for my non-profit, the Dr.Mani Children Heart Foundation. The annual Heart Kids Blogathon has become a permanent feature of my annual online itenerary since 2003.

But there are even deeper reasons why I blog (and maybe you do, too).

Influence. And attention.

As a blogger, like you, I seek to spread my ideas to a wide audience. And the first step to it is gaining your trust enough to have your attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment